Emotional wellbeing for Older Person (EWOP)
This program provides psychological and psychosocial services for older people who reside in Residential Aged Care Facilities in the Sydney and South-East Sydney Local Health District regions.
The program will help residents with:
- Mood improvement, reduction in anxiety and stress.
- Increased ability to cope with life changes.
- Increased interest in social activities at the facility.
- Increased capacity of staff to identify and support residents with mental health needs.
- Residents with diagnosed mental illness.
- Residents who may be at risk of developing a mental illness if they do not receive appropriate treatment.
To access this service a diagnosis of mental illness is required from a GP, psychiatrist, RN or allied health staff. The RACFs are required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the provider to access the service.
Only RACFs with a signed MoU can refer to the service.
|Phone||1300 111 278|
To book a face-to-face consultation or remote support to discuss your practice needs, contact the practice support and development officers’ team on:
1300 986 991
Your Practice Support and Development Officers:
Jan Sadler,Fleur Niven, Sarah Arja, Aya Almajzoub, Michaela Fenech,Sara Matin and Juliani Cardoso.
Dial 000 in an emergency
If someone is at immediate risk of attempting to harm themselves or someone else, call triple zero (000).
More than 600 pathways are now available to help you assess and manage medical conditions.
Did you know members of our local GP networks can attend events for free?
Search for vacant positions in local general practices.
Don’t miss the opportunity to share your opinion or expertise.