Aboriginal Cancer Care now available in Sydney LHD Hospitals
Aboriginal Cancer Care is a service provided by Sydney Local Health District, supporting patients in the community and operating across:
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Concord Hospital
- Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
The District is in the boundaries of the Gadigal, Wangal and Bediagal clans, collectively called the Eora Nation.
The roles of the two Aboriginal Cancer Care coordinators have been co-designed with extensive community consultation. Kylie and Jiv can help people with:
- talking to health professionals
- attending appointments with patients
- understanding medical language
- ensuring patients are better informed and prepared for cancer treatments
- providing linkages to support services
- assisting with any barriers to patients accessing cancer services
- connecting with local community services.
This service is available to persons receiving cancer care at any of the above hospitals, and their family members who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Feel free to call Kylie or Jiv for a yarn:
Kylie Smith: 0499 879 840
Jiv Muthunesan: 0499 938 947