ANSC November 2020 Update: St George and Sutherland Hospitals
For women planning to birth at St George or Sutherland Hospitals the following processes are advised
1) Complete online booking
It is recommended for a woman to complete the booking form as soon as she has confirmed her pregnancy.
- Click here for St George Hospital booking form
- Click here for Sutherland Hospital booking form
The online booking in form is also located on the St George or Sutherland Hospital internet site.
2) Information Pack
Whilst a woman is completing her pregnancy screening bloods and dating US, the administration staff will email the woman her booking information and brochures. These were previously mailed in the ‘yellow pack’.
3) GP Antenatal Referral Form
The GP antenatal referral form (to be completed by GP) will be included with the emailed information sent to woman. The form can be printed from the CESPHN website with templates for clinical software are available. The GP can return the completed form to the woman.
The yellow card will be completed at the hospital antenatal booking appointment and given to the woman.
Cross Cultural Worker Maternity and Child and Family Health Services
A new Cross-Cultural Worker in Maternity and Child and Family Health Services has commenced at St George and Sutherland Hospitals.
Galuh Sapthari has been appointed to the role which will support women and families from migrant and refugee to access, navigate and maintain engagement with services across the continuum of pregnancy to child and family health. She will be working with CALD women and emerging communities within the antenatal setting and help women transition into parenting with Sustained NSW Families (SNF) and Child and Family Health in the St George and Sutherland communities.
Contact details : Ph: Wed/Thurs only 0405 505 275 or email: Galuh.email@example.com
Translated Resources for your patients
The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health multilingual resources has a variety of translated information
- Understanding gestational diabetes fact sheets in Arabic, Bengali, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Samoan, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese
- Pregnancy and diabetes fact sheets in Farsi, Sinhalese, Tagalog and Tamil
- Healthcare access fact sheets for people seeking asylum in Queensland in Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Tamil, Tok Pisin and Urdu
- Mental health videos in English, Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Punjabi and Vietnamese
- Cervical screening booklets in English, Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Kirundi, Malay, Persian, Swahili, Uyghur
- Domestic and family violence educational videos in Arabic, Chinese, Dari, Korean and Tamil
- Contacting emergency services campaign in Arabic, Burmese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Dari, Greek, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Macedonian, Persian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese
- Miscarriage fact sheets in Arabic, Chinese, Somali, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese
- Advice for pregnant women and new parents
- Family violence videos in Arabic, Burmese, Cantonese, Dari, Farsi, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Macedonian, Malay, Mandarin, Pashto, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Serbian, Sinhalese, Somali, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese
- Antenatal care fact sheet in Arabic and Simplified Chinese
- PCOS fact sheets in Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Dari, Farsi, Hindi, Sinhala, Tamil and Vietnamese
Gynaecology clinic referrals
GPs are requested to please use this referral form for referrals to the St George Hospital gynaeology outpatient clinics. A general letter addressed to the clinic is not a valid referral and is unable to be accepted for Medicare billing purposes.