CESPHN Allied Health Providers Peer Group Learning (PGL) program
16 November 2020
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN is seeking Expressions of Interest from Allied Health Providers to participate in our 2021 AHP Peer Group Learning (PGL) Program which is being rolled out across the PHN region.
PGL activities are a popular way to identify and address specific learning needs, discuss cases and share knowledge in an open, interactive supportive environment for likeminded professionals. The program provides opportunities for networking and encourages a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare as well as fostering skills in leadership, deliberation and consensus.
The PGL learning format allows AHPs to share their knowledge and discuss daily practice issues with peers. Allied Health Professionals will be able to self-report on their learning with their governing/accrediting body.
The criteria for Peer Groups are as follows:
- Minimum four (4) hours of educational content across the meetings (excluding planning and review meetings)
- Groups must not exceed a total of 12 participants
- Each meeting must be at least one (1) hour in duration
- Each meeting must have a facilitator (group nominated) to convene meetings, including
planning and review meetings
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN will assist with:
- Allocation of AHPs to groups
- Coordinate suitable dates for groups
- Assist with suggestions for presenters
- Coordinate the scheduling of presenters
- Send formal speaking invitations to presenters
- Send confirmation and reminder emails/SMS to group participants
- Provide electronic sign on sheets, resources as required i.e. agendas, and online evaluations
- Facilitate planning session for new groups as required – online.
- Collate attendance and evaluation reports and distribute certificates on completion of the program
- Assist Group facilitators as required
Your role in participating in the Peer Group Learning Program:
- Sign up for one of the groups offered in this EOI
- Participate in the minimum number of education sessions (at least four hours) as well as the planning and reflection sessions and complete online evaluations
- Elect a facilitator or take turns facilitating the group, including introducing the speaker and guiding group discussions
Topics, relevant learning outcomes and possible presenters will be decided by the group at the planning meeting along with future meeting dates.
Please find the short survey here: https://cesphn.syd1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6K9vYlGMHdLevwp