CESPHN RAP Update
CESPHN RAP update
We are 7 months into our new innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
Our first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) was launched in 2018. Since then, we have seen many positive changes in the work we do and the role we play with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, communities, businesses, and organisations
Our Quarter 3 progress has highlighted many great achievements from its inception and over the last 3 months we have achieved;
- Review and update our recruitment and retention strategy
- Review and update our HR leave policies to reflect paid day of leave for cultural dates of significance ie NAICOC week
- Develop and implement minimum standards for organisations to meet when tendering for funding
- Evaluating our engagement strategy
- Review of previous yrs and to implement this years internal cultural audit
- Including Cultural awareness training into staff annual performance development reviews
- Review our procurement practices and strategy to ensure 20% of operating is sourced from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses
The RAP, found here, reinforces our commitment as an organisation to fostering positive relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, and ensures our practices and programs reflect this vision.
We are proud of our RAP and encourage other organisations to commit to reconciliation and to contact Reconciliation Australia to start making a difference.
Progress on our RAP can be found HERE.