CESPHN Vax at Home Program and updated ATAGI advice
On 1 September 2023, The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation ( ATAGI) updated their advice for the COVID-19 booster dose and released further ATAGI updated recommendations which provided guidance on who should receive or consider receiving additional 2023 dose of COVID-19 vaccine for the highest risk population groups. These recommendations add to the pervious ATAGI COVID-19 vaccine booster advice published in February 2023.
- All adults aged 75 years and over should receive an additional 2023 COVID-19 vaccine dose if 6 months has passed since last dose.
ATAGI advises the following groups should consider an additional 2023 COVID-19 vaccine dose if 6 months have passed since their last dose, after discussion with their healthcare provider:
- All adults aged 65 to 74 years, and/or
- At risk adults aged 18 to 64 years with severe immunocompromise.
- Within the groups considering an additional 2023 dose, this additional dose is likely to be of most benefit for people who:
- Have no known history of SARS- Cov-2 infection,
- Have medical comorbidities that increase their risk of severe COVID-19, or disability with significant or complex health needs, or
- Reside in a residential aged care facility.
ATAGI continues to encourage all adults who were recommend to have a COVID-19 vaccine dose in February 2023, and who have not yet received any booster dose this year are advised to do so as soon as possible.
CESPHN Vax at Home Program:
It is for those people who are housebound and not able to leave their house to receive a COVID-19 vaccination or booster. The service will accept referrals for people 16 years and over. Referrals will be accepted from GPs and from Local Health Districts. Patient self-referrals will not be accepted.
All referrals must be sent through this online form: Vax at Home Service Online Form. Please indicate if an influenza vaccine is also required. Please note, a referral will need to be attached to the online form.
If you have any questions regarding the Vax at Home service, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse oximeters for your patients
CESPHN has a small supply of Pulse Oximeters available and general practices actively seeing moderate risk COVID-19 positive patients, can be sent up to 10 pulse oximeters per practice.
Does your practice, aged care facility or community centre need sharps containers? CESPHN has a small supply of sharps containers available, orders will be distributed until the stock is exhausted, so please order only what is required.
To order Pulse Oximeters and if you are in need of sharps containers, please complete the online order form: Pulse Oximeter and excess consumables online order form.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the team at email@example.com.