COVID-19 update – 13 October 2020
13 October 2020
New cases in CESPHN region
In the past week (5 October to 11 October) there have been 8 new cases of COVID-19 in our region. Seven cases are people returning from overseas and one is locally acquired. There have also been newly diagnosed cases of COVID-19 in the Lakemba area in the past few days that are not yet included in these statistics.
COVID-19 hotspots in CESPHN region
- People who attended the following venues must self-isolate for 14 days since they were last there and get tested for COVID-19.
- Lakemba: Ali Dine Inn and Takeaway 7:30pm to 8:30pm on Friday 9 October
- Lakemba: A2Z Medical Clinic Tuesday 29 September to Saturday 10 October
- Bus Service: Central to Strathfield (train replacement service) Dep Central 11:48pm 4 October, arr Strathfield 12:15am on 5 October
- People who attended the following venue should get tested immediately, and self isolate until a negative result is received
- Lakemba: A2Z Medical Clinic, Friday 25 September to Monday 28 September, Get tested immediately and self isolate until result received
- People who attended the following locations should get tested and self-isolate if they experience any symptoms.
- Lakemba Radiology 12pm to 2:30pm on Thursday 1 October
- Lakemba: Isra Medical Practice 6pm on Monday 5 October to 6am on Tuesday 6 October
- Potts Point: Monopole restaurant 6pm to 8pm on Sunday 4 October
Check NSW Health website for further details.
Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 including fever (≥37.5), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath (difficulty breathing), runny nose loss of smell and loss of taste must be tested and self-isolate while awaiting results.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
For an updated list of testing options in the Central and Eastern Sydney area please go to testing clinic hours and locations. For all testing clinics in NSW, please see https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics
Recent changes include a new pop-up clinic at Lakemba and the closure of the Rushcutters Bay clinic.
Lakemba Uniting Church pop-up clinic
Cnr Haldon Street and the Boulevard, Lakemba
10.00 am – 4.00 pm
To request masks for your practice please complete the Mask Request form on our CESPHN coronavirus web page. Masks are available for general practices, community pharmacies and certain high risk allied health practices where practices are unable to source their own supplies.