COVID-19 update – 20 October 2020
20 October 2020
New cases in CESPHN region
In the past week (12 October to 18 October) there have been 7 new cases of COVID-19 in our region. Two cases are people returning from overseas and five are locally acquired.
Lakemba, Kingsford and Ramsgate are areas identified for increased testing. Anyone who has visited these suburbs, especially cafés, should monitor for symptoms and immediately isolate and get tested should even the mildest of symptoms appear. After testing, you must remain in isolation until a negative result is received.
COVID-19 hotspots in CESPHN region
- People who attended the following venues must self-isolate for 14 days since they were last there and get tested for COVID-19.
- Lakemba: Ali Dine Inn and Takeaway 7:30pm to 8:30pm on Friday 9 October
- Lakemba: A2Z Medical Clinic Tuesday 29 September to Saturday 10 October
- People who attended the following venue should get tested immediately, and self isolate until a negative result is received
- Lakemba: A2Z Medical Clinic, Friday 25 September to Monday 28 September, Get tested immediately and self isolate until result received
- People who attended the following locations should get tested and self-isolate if they experience any symptoms.
- Tempe: IKEA 1.30pm – 5.30pm Wednesday 7 October
Check NSW Health website for further details.
Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 including fever (≥37.5), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath (difficulty breathing), runny nose loss of smell and loss of taste must be tested and self-isolate while awaiting results.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
For an updated list of testing options in the Central and Eastern Sydney area please go to testing clinic hours and locations. For all testing clinics in NSW, please see https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics
Recent changes include:
Lakemba Uniting Church pop-up clinic (this clinic will remain open until Saturday 24 October)
Cnr Haldon Street and the Boulevard, Lakemba
10.00 am – 4.00 pm
GPs visiting nursing homes in areas with COVID-19 clusters
Last Friday GPs working or residing in the Lakemba postcode area were advised that they must not visit any aged care facility before having attended an SLHD COVID 19 testing clinic, and having a negative COVID test result returned. GPs must then continue to be tested and have a negative result at least 72 hours prior to attending a residential facility until further notice.
You can view the full letter here.
While this is the first instance where these measures have been implemented, similar measures are likely in other areas over the coming months should we experience further localised COVID-19 outbreaks.
To request masks for your practice please complete the Mask Request form on our CESPHN coronavirus web page. Masks are available for general practices, community pharmacies and certain high risk allied health practices where practices are unable to source their own supplies.