COVID-19 Update – 4 December 2020
Friday, 4 December 2020
NSW Health was notified on Wednesday night of a new case of COVID-19 in a person who works at a Sydney hotel complex which provides hotel quarantine for returned travellers.
NSW recorded no new cases of locally acquired COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night. Nine cases were reported in overseas travellers. This brings the total number of cases in NSW to 4,408 since the start of the pandemic.
Staff who worked at the hotel complex whilst the case was potentially infectious are asked to get tested and self-isolate until updated advice is received from NSW Health.
The affected hotel shifts are:
- Ibis Hotel Darling Harbour Friday 27 November 2020
- Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour Saturday 28, Sunday 29, Monday 30 November 2020.
As a precaution, NSW Health is also conducting wider testing of staff at the hotel complex. The person, who lives in south-western Sydney, travelled on the train from Minto to Lidcombe and Central and on the Light Rail from Central to Darling Harbour on a number of occasions whilst potentially infectious. NSW Health will be asking people who travelled on the below services at the following periods to get tested immediately and self-isolate, until further advised by NSW Health:
- Friday 27 November Convention to Central at 4:01pm – 4.11pm
- Saturday 28 November Convention to Central at 3:14pm – 3.29pm
- Sunday 29 November Convention to Capitol Square 3:58pm – 4.09pm
- Sunday 29 November Capitol Square to Central 4.55pm – 5.03pm
- Monday 30 November Central to Convention 06:39am – 6.54am
- Monday 30 November Convention to Central 3.10pm – 3.26pm
- Friday 27 November Minto to Lidcombe 04:55am – 5:52am
- Friday 27 November Central to Lidcombe 4.12pm – 4.49pm
- Saturday 28 November Central to Lidcombe 3.31pm – 4.32pm
- Sunday 29 November Central to Lidcombe 5.05pm – 5.44pm
- Monday 30 November Lidcombe to Central 06:14am – 06:37am
- Monday 30 November Central to Minto 3.28pm – 4.20pm
For more information and to read the full NSW Health Media Release please click here. (106 KB)