Electronic prescriptions roll out expands across Metropolitan Sydney
3 November 2020
Following on from the successful rollout across Victoria, electronic prescriptions are now expanding across metropolitan Sydney.
Electronic prescriptions are an alternative to paper prescriptions which will allow people convenient access to their medicines and will lessen the risk of infection being spread in general practice waiting rooms and at community pharmacies.
Some of the benefits of electronic prescriptions include:
- Reduces administrative burden for healthcare providers and organisations
- Improves efficiency in prescribing and dispensing medications
- Reduces prescription, transcription and dispensing errors
- Supplements delivery of telehealth services to ensure patient continuity of care
- Maintains patient privacy and integrity of personal information
If you need further information on how to prepare your general practice or pharmacy for electronic prescriptions, a collection of resources and check lists can be found here.