Get ready for Heart Week 2-8 May 2022
11 April 2022
Thanks to you and your commitment to keeping Australian hearts healthy, there have been over 275,000 Heart Health Checks delivered since April 2019.
This Heart Week (2-8 May) presents an opportunity for health professionals and the Australian public to start a conversation about heart health and take steps to reduce their risk of heart disease. We are encouraging GPs, nurses and general practice staff to deliver Heart Health Checks for more eligible Australians.
With one Australian suffering from a heart attack or stroke every 4 minutes, you and your general practice teams have the power to change this statistic by focusing on simple, routine practices that have a measurable lifesaving impact.
We encourage you and your general practice networks to get ready for Heart Week by visiting the Heart Foundation’s Heart Week webpage to:
- Download your Heart Week digital promotional pack
- Order your print promotional pack
- Make a splash for Heart Week at your practice and enter our competition
- Register and tune in for our Heart Week clinical webinar on the latest evidence on cholesterol management
- Use the Heart Health Check Toolkit to plan and implement Heart Health Checks
- Spread the word to your community and network
Clinical Webinar: Lipid lowering landscape: New and emerging treatment approaches
Date: Wednesday 4 May 2022
Where: Free Zoom webinar
Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm AEST
Accreditation: This webinar has been accredited by the RACGP for 2 CPD points (Activity no. 337635). Education provider: Scius Healthcare Solutions.
We look forward to seeing you and your teams embrace Australia’s national heart health awareness week.
Look out for new resources and information released in the lead up to and during Heart Week