New palliative care outpatient clinic at Prince of Wales
A new Palliative Supportive Care Clinic has opened at Prince of Wales hospital on Tuesdays from 9am – 2pm for people with life threatening Non Malignant illnesses in their last 12 – 24 months of life. The clinic offers specialist review and recommendations from a multidisciplinary team approach to care.
The service can help with:
- Managing pain or other symptoms
- Advance care planning conversations
- Nutrition and dietary education
- Medication management advice in the community
- Communication and swallowing assessment and education on dysphagia
- Assessment and advice on mobility, assistive aids, and home safety
- Psychosocial support
- Facilitating referrals to relevant services
It operates primarily as an outpatient clinic, but telehealth and home visits are possible. A medical referral from a GP or specialist is required to book into the clinic.
Further information on the clinic