New palliative care outpatient clinic at St. George
A new Palliative Supportive Care Service has opened at St. George Hospital on Tuesdays from 8am-12pm for palliative patients in their last 12 months of life. The clinic offers specialist review and recommendations from a multidisciplinary team approach to care.
Reasons for referral:
The service can help with:
We can help with:
- Managing pain or other symptoms
- Advance care planning conversations
- Nutrition and dietary education
- Medication management advice in the community
- Communication and swallowing assessment and education on dysphagia
- Assessment and advice on mobility, assistive aids, and home safety
- Psychosocial support
- Facilitating referrals to relevant services
It operates primarily as an outpatient clinic, but telehealth and home visits are possible. A medical referral from a GP or specialist is required to book into the clinic.
For further information, please visit the website, email SESLHD-StGeorgeSCS@health.nsw.gov.au or call 02 9113 4182.