SafeScript NSW now available in CESPHN
Prescribers and pharmacists in CESPHN can now register for and access SafeScript NSW, the state’s real-time prescription monitoring system.
SafeScript NSW assists prescribers and pharmacists to:
- review patients’ prescribing and dispensing history for monitored medicines
- identify patients who are receiving prescriptions for monitored medicines from multiple prescribers, placing them at increased risk of harm
- consider patients’ total daily dose of opioids when making decisions about their care
- identify patients who may be taking harmful combinations of monitored medicines.
To get started, prescribers and pharmacists will need to:
To support the rollout of SafeScript NSW, prescribers and pharmacists are invited to:
Who can access the system?
All prescribers (medical practitioners and nurse practitioners) and pharmacists who are registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) are able to access SafeScript NSW, once invited to register.
Prescribers and pharmacists can only use information held in SafeScript NSW for the purpose of:
- providing treatment to an individual patient by reviewing the monitored medicines prescribed or supplied to the patient
- providing advice to a prescriber or a pharmacist on the treatment of an individual patient.
Use for other purposes is not permitted.
Learn more at an upcoming webinar
The PHN is hosting a SafeScript NSW webinar. Learn about the benefits of SafeScript NSW and how the system is used.
Participants will hear from the panel consisting of a GP, pharmacist, specialist and consumer.
Click here to RSVP.
Posters to help raise awareness about SafeScript NSW
Consumer-facing posters are being mailed to medical clinics and community pharmacies to help raise awareness about SafeScript NSW, as well as a health practitioner poster outlining how to get started using the system and support available. The posters can also be downloaded and printed from the website if additional copies are needed.
To learn more about SafeScript NSW, visit the website or send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.