St vincent’s hospital (SVH) eating disorders service
St Vincent’s Hospital has a new outpatient eating disorders service located within St Vincent’s Public Hospital and funded by the Ministry of Health to deliver services to those residing within St Vincent’s Local Health District (LHD) mental health primary catchment area. Which covers Sydney Central Business District (CBD), Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, Potts Point, Haymarket, The Rocks, Miller Point, Barangaroo, Darling Point, Central, Woolloomooloo and Paddington.
- Patients appropriate for the service see the multidisciplinary team that includes mental health clinicians, dietitians with input from the district’s eating disorders coordinator, Susan Hart, and Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry.
- The SVH eating disorders service can provide an accessible outpatient assessment, care coordination and treatment planning service to adults (16 years and older) who are residents of St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney (SVHNS) with a diagnosed eating disorder.
- Supporting transition of patients out of hospital and connecting them with eating disorder support in the community.
- Brief interventions (group and individual) to people who reside within SVHNS.
- Ongoing intervention to people who are unable to access other eating disorder services in the community and who are not eligible for or cannot access a private eating disorder service.
- Supporting individuals to prevent presentations to the emergency department and unplanned hospital admissions in people who are at high risk of readmission.
- Liaison with other professionals regarding outpatients with eating disorders in SVHNS LHD, including local GPs, providing ongoing care. This may include consultation on cases and delivery of eating disorder training.
The team can be reached at email@example.com or by phone on: 0403 190 090