Suicide Prevention Collaboratives
Eastern Sydney Suicide Prevention Network
This network is a member of the Wesley LifeForce group of member networks, and is a group of concerned people in the eastern suburbs community working together to increase awareness about suicide and mental health and the support services that are available when people are in need.
The network organises community events such as suicide prevention training, movie screenings, family support packages and an annual suicide prevention walk for World Suicide Prevention Day in September.
St George Suicide Prevention Collaborative
The St George Suicide Prevention Collaborative is part of the NSW Community Collaboratives initiative being led by the National Youth Mental Health Foundation and LifeLine Australia. The initiative helps to empower local communities which have been impacted by suicide deaths to come together to better respond to suicide. This means developing an Incident Communication Protocol and an action plan of strategies to help the community respond to postvention (support after a suicide), move towards recovery and return to suicide prevention.
The initiative focuses on all ages and stages of life, offering a whole of community approach by:
- Helping collaborators come together to address local needs and to formulate a comprehensive and compassionate response to suicide.
- Fostering stronger relationships among collaborators
- Instilling a powerful sense of community connection and hope
- Establishing suicide prevention strategies and support, and
- Encouraging the sharing of knowledge, learnings, resources, evidence-based interventions and referral pathways.
StandBy Support After Suicide on 1300 727 247 or firstname.lastname@example.org