Continuing Professional Development
CESPHN CPD events
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN (CESPHN) provides a range of educational activities for GPs, AHPs and practice staff that focus on relevant clinical and practice support areas in general practice, allied health, network related projects as well as considering the health profile of the local community.
The upcoming events can be found on the CESPHN events page.
CESPHN AHP Peer Group Learning Program
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN runs an online AHP Peer Group Learning program across the region.
PGL activities are a popular way to identify and address specific learning needs, discuss cases and share knowledge in an open, interactive supportive environment for likeminded professionals. The program provides opportunities for networking and encourages a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare as well as fostering skills in leadership, deliberation and consensus.
The PGL learning format allows AHPs to share their knowledge and discuss daily practice issues with peers. Allied Health Professionals will be able to self-report on their learning with their governing/accrediting body.
To express your interest in joining the AHP Peer Group Learning program please email email@example.com
CESPHN CPD Event Policies
CESPHN offers a wide range of education events across our region to support primary health care providers working within our PHN boundaries. CESPHN would like to remind stakeholders of the following policies which apply to our CPD program:
- Please ensure that you register for all events you wish to attend. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and many events have a maximum number of people which can be accepted due to venue size and catering arrangements. We recommend that individuals register early to avoid disappointment.
- Please check the target audience prior to registering for an event. Many of our events are targeted to a specific audience group – for example, GPs only or Practice Managers only. If you do not fall into the target audience, we may not be able to accept your registration.
- In the event that a CPD session is fully booked, you will be informed of this and given the option to have your name placed on a waitlist. If there are any cancellations, people on the waitlist will be contacted in order and slotted into the event.
- To register for an event simply click the “Register Now” button on the CESPHN event page.
- Users can now register for events using two of the three identifiers – email address, mobile number or member number. This means that if you do not remember your member number, you can still register with the two other identifiers. You can also enter your mobile number to receive an SMS with your member number. Each event will be identified as a member-only event or open event. If an event is for members only, you will be prompted to either become a member or pay the event fee.
- If you are not a currently financial member, you will need to re-apply for membership via the Membership application form.
- CPD events (excluding CPR) are generally free of charge for GPs and Allied Health Professionals practicing within the CESPHN boundaries who are a financial member of their local GP or Allied Health network. For information regarding membership please refer to the GP and AHP Network Membership Information. Alternatively, you can contact the Member Support Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Please note at this point in time, events are free of charge (excluding CPR) for GP registrars, practice nurses, practice managers and practice administrative staff.
- Due to high demand for our CPD events, we may not always be able to accommodate people who ‘show up’ at the event without having received a confirmation of registration.
- Cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend an event you have registered for, please contact the CPD team at your earliest convenience to cancel your booking. This allows us ensure correct catering requirements, and have the opportunity to offer a place to individuals who may be on a wait list for the event.
- Our team sends event reminders via email (usually 1 week prior to the event) and SMS (usually within 24 hours prior to the event) providing we have this contact information on file. Please ensure we have your correct contact information (email address or mobile number) to ensure you receive this information.
If you have any further questions about the CESPHN CPD Program, please contact our CPD team on 1300 986 991, or email email@example.com